Unpack the NGSS standards with this fun booklet!
14 pages cover the basics of the NGSS practices of scientists and engineers:
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems
- Developing and Using Models
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
Optionally, in the end, I’ve grouped students and assigned one practice per group. From there, the students were in charge of unpacking substandard and rewording them in “middle school friendly” language.
Here’s an example of a poster made by one of those groups:
Latest posts by Laney Lee (see all)
- How to Start a Teacher Blog: The Ultimate Guide - January 20, 2020
- Reaching the First TPT Milestone - January 16, 2020
- Classroom Management Strategies: Assignment Tracking - January 13, 2020