Are your students struggling to grasp the vastness of the solar system? What How much further away is the sun than the next nearest star? What would it take to travel to another galaxy? This resource will answer those questions and more!
Introduce two common space distances, light years and astronomical units, as well as give a brief introduction or review of scientific notation with this no-prep activity.
- light years
- astronomical units (AU)
- powers of 10
- scientific notation
Print at 80% for a perfect fit in composition notebooks to add to interactive notebooks.
How Can I Use this Distances in Space Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this practice as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using thesesimple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slides version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email me at email@example.com.