Looking for an extension activity for your DNA unit? Do you need a hands-on way for students to extend their learning? If so, this DNA Model Project is the perfect resource for you!
Who is this DNA model project resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9.
How Can I Use this Project?
- Formative or Summative assessment
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this project as an alternative assignment
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Describing DNA
- Students label the parts of DNA
- Students plan the materials they will need
- Students draw a blueprint of their project design
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Check out our or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit my store for more DNA activities and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by the DNA Model Project:
HS-LS3-1 Ask questions to clarify relationships about the role of DNA and chromosomes in coding the instructions for characteristic traits passed from parents to offspring. Assessment does not include the phases of meiosis or the biochemical mechanism of specific steps in the process.
HS-LS3-2 Make and defend a claim based on evidence that inheritable genetic variations may result from (1) new genetic combinations through meiosis, (2) viable errors occurring during replication, and/or (3) mutations caused by environmental factors. Emphasis is on using data to support arguments for the way variation occurs. Assessment does not include the phases of meiosis or the biochemical mechanism of specific steps in the process.