Introduce or review evidence for evolution with this easy to use and check worksheet. Students will complete a 4 page reading and answer questions, fill in a graphic organizer, and complete a CER based on the information they learn. These worksheets can be used all together as one assignment, or split into multiple days.
Topics covered include:
- Darwin & natural selection
- anatomy: homologous structures, analogous structures, vestigial structures, and embryology
- DNA evidence
- direct observation
Please download the preview file for a closer look at the contents of this resource!
Uses for this evidence for evolution worksheet:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Visit my store for more on evolution and hundreds of other teaching science resources.