Introduce Global & Local Winds with this easy to use and check worksheet. Students will do a quick 2 page reading and answer questions based on the information they learn.
Topics covered includes:
- What is wind?
- What causes wind?
- Local Winds – Sea & Land Breeze
- Global Winds – Trade Winds, Westerlies, Easterlies, Doldrums, Horse Latitudes
- Jet Stream
Please download the preview file for a closer look at the contents of this resource!
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.