Introduce Heredity with this easy to use and check set of worksheets. Students will do a 4 page guided reading and complete activity pages using the information they have learned. Product also includes a bonus graphic organizer for summarizing. All pages of this resource are doodle friendly and interactive!
Note: This resource does not cover Punnett squares. Rather, it introduces the concepts of heredity and the patterns that govern these as they are passed from parent to offspring.
Approximate Reading Level: 4-5th Grade
Topics covered includes:
- Genes and Traits
- Key Vocabulary including: Dominant, Recessive, Genotype, Phenotype, Heterozygous, Homozygous, etc.
- Nature vs. Nurture
- Patterns of Inheritance: Mendelian Traits, Co and Incomplete Dominance, and Polygenic Traits
Please download the preview file for a closer look at the contents of this resource!
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Differentiation – assign graphing extension only to students who have been identified as mastering the required skills
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.