Using this moon phases worksheet, students practice identifying moon phases in 3 ways:
- By the picture of the phase
- By the name of the phase
- In a diagram with the sun (includes sun on two different sides)
I like to copy these worksheets so that they are reduced and I fit all 4 on the same page!
Great for test prep!
Purchase secures a ready to print PDF file with answer key.
Uses for this product:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this worksheet as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
- Assessment either formative or summative. You can provide the answers to this quiz using a QR code or after students have verified that they’ve completed their work.
Visit my store for more practice worksheets and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by this moon phases worksheet:
MS-ESS1-1 Develop and use a model of the Earth-sun-moon system to describe the cyclic patterns of lunar phases, eclipses of the sun and moon, and seasons. Examples of models can be physical, graphical, or conceptual.