On page 1 of this Onion Cell Mitosis Worksheet with Answers there is a photo sample of an onion root showing all 6 steps of the cell cycle.
On page 2 of this worksheet the 6 steps are described with a diagram and students are instructed to find and label these stages on the onion root.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Uses for this resource:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this practice as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Assessment either formative or summative. You can provide the answers to this quiz using a QR code or after students have verified that they’ve completed their work.
Visit my store for more on mitosis and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by this onion cell mitosis worksheet with answers:
HS-LS1-4 Use a model to illustrate the role of cellular division (mitosis) and differentiation in producing and maintaining complex organisms. Assessment does not include specific gene control mechanisms or rote memorization of the steps of mitosis.