Introduce plate tectonics with this easy to use and check worksheet. Students will do a quick 3 page reading and answer questions based on the information they learn.
Topics covered include:
- Alfred Wegener & continental drift
- lithosphere vs. asthenosphere
- convection currents
- convergent, divergent, and transform boundaries
- landforms found at each boundary
- Ring of Fire
Uses for this plate tectonics worksheet:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Visit my store for more on the Earth and hundreds of other teaching science resources.