Students will read a short example of each of the properties of minerals. They will then summarize their learning in a table and answer a few higher order thinking questions.
Approximate Reading Level: 4-8th Grade
Vocabulary covered includes:
- Cleavage and Fracture
- Other Qualities: Magnetism, Taste, Odor, Tenacity, Crystalline Structure, Transparency, Specific Gravity
Your purchase includes a PDF download with answer key in both color and black and white (doodle friendly).
On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
Visit my store for more guided readings and hundreds of other teaching science resources.