Use this guided reading to teach the steps of the scientific method. Students are prompted to think deeply about the reason behind several of the processes involved in the scientific method, including multiple trials and controlling variables.
- Ask a Question
- Form a Hypothesis (including what makes a good hypothesis)
- Design an Experiment (including independent, dependent variables, and controls)
- Analyze Data
- Make A Conclusion
This product also comes with a ready to use Google Slides version for your convenience in paperless classrooms or distance learning.
Please download the preview file for a closer look at the contents of this resource!
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as researching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.