Students will read a short 2 page description of the water cycle including info on the states of matter and all the main processes of water movement. Afterwards, students complete 3 pages of practice worksheets including: determining where water can be found around them, labeling a diagram, and completing a graphic organizer. Students will also write a short story imagining themselves as a water molecule traveling through the water cycle.
Approximate Reading Level : 4-8th Grade
Vocabulary covered includes:
- Water Cycle
- Plant Uptake
- River Discharge & Collection
Your purchase includes a PDF download with title page and answer key. Product includes both black and white (doodle friendly) and color versions.
On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – only assign story extension to higher achieving students
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.