With this cancer worksheet, students will read a short 2 page description of cancer and how it relates to DNA and the cell cycle. They will learn reasons why cancer is hard to treat, how it’s caused, and common types of cancer and what treatments we use. Great for homework, reteaching, or sub plans!
Approximate Reading Level: 6-10th Grade
Vocabulary covered includes:
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – only assign graphing extension to higher achieving students
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
Your purchase includes a PDF download with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
This resource also includes an extension to support reading and interpreting graphs. (An NGSS Anchoring Practice of Scientists and Engineers)