Save time with this Middle School NGSS Pretest and Reflection! Both PDF and digital versions are included to support any style of teaching!
The questions in this assessment are designed to be rigorous and require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the NGSS standards. Students will require minimal content knowledge, and when science content is unavoidable, students are asked simple questions from the grade 5 curriculum.
Assessed standards are as follows:
- Asking questions (science) and defining problems (engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (science) and designing solutions (engineering)
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Reflection requires students to examine a proficiency scale (rubric) and write descriptor statements for proficient responses.
Additionally, students score their own work and set goals for the year.
Who is this Middle School NGSS Pretest and Reflection resource for?
This Middle School NGSS Pretest and Reflection resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It provides a variety of practice covering the mentioned topics.
- 5 page Pretest
- Student Reflection
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Forms version of this file.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.
There are no reviews yet.