A 27 slide introduction on how to construct an argument using CER.
Topics covered by this construct an argument CER presentation include:
- What is a claim?
- What is scientific evidence?
- What is scientific reasoning?
- A rubric for claim, evidence, and reasoning
This is an interactive lesson with several slides requiring student interaction. You can have students type in the presentation itself by making a copy for each student or connect to interactive presentation apps such as Nearpod or Peardeck.
This lesson is compatible for student paced or instructor paced presentation.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
- practice writing claims using provided evidence and scientific questions
- using the same scenarios, build on their claims by providing evidence
- using the same scenarios, build on their claims and evidence by providing reasoning
- critique one another’s work
Email me at email@example.com.
Visit my store for more NGSS lessons and hundreds of other teaching science resources.