Students use PhET Sim to explore gravity and orbits in an inquiry based gravity and orbits virtual lab.
Check out the Sim here::
This gravity and orbits virtual lab asks the question: How do gravity, mass, and distance affect movement in our Earth-Sun-Moon system?
Using the interactive simulation, students experiment by changing variables to create different scenarios. They will then report their observations and draw conclusions. To conclude, students will complete 3 short CER style questions.
Who is this gravity and orbits virtual lab resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It is ideal for classrooms with 1:1 devices and internet access.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this webquest as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using thesesimple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Check out our or email me at email@example.com.
NGSS STANDARDS COVERED BY THIS GRAVITY AND ORBITS VIRTUAL LAB :
There are no reviews yet.