Do your students need practice for standardized tests? Do you need a way for students to review content while also checking for accuracy? If you answered yes to any of those questions then this Plate Boundaries Color by Number resource is for you.
I created this line of color by number resources to help teachers, parents, and students by providing simple yet comprehensive practice on a variety of topics. The questions are designed to be rigorous and require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the content being presented.
The concept of this resource is simple: each answer choice has a color. At the end of the worksheet, students will color a design by matching the question numbers with the answer colors. If the picture doesn’t make “sense,” students know that there must be an error in their work.
Let’s get our students thinking, reading, and reviewing vocabulary with this color by number practice. Your purchase includes a PDF download that is perfect for pre-reading, homework and review, or even sending to absent students.
Topics covered in this resource include:
- convergent boundaries
- divergent boundaries
- transform boundaries
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It provides a variety of practice covering the mentioned topics.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this coloring as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Formative or Summative assessment
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at email@example.com
Visit my store for more self checking and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS STANDARDS COVERED BY THIS PLATE BOUNDARIES COLOR BY NUMBER:
HS-ESS2-3 Develop a model based on evidence of Earth’s interior to describe the cycling of matter by thermal convection. Emphasis is on both a one-dimensional model of Earth, with radial layers determined by density, and a three-dimensional model, which is controlled by mantle convection and the resulting plate tectonics. Examples of evidence include maps of Earth’s three-dimensional structure obtained from seismic waves, records of the rate of change of Earth’s magnetic field (as constraints on convection in the outer core), and identification of the composition of Earth’s layers from high-pressure laboratory experiments.
There are no reviews yet.