Looking for a way to incorporate more scientific thinking this year? Are you struggling to integrate the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices in your daily lessons? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then this science warm ups data analysis resource is for you!
These bell ringer activities are designed to familiarize your students with graphs and data tables! What they’re used for, their limitations, and the conclusions that can be drawn from the data they present. Every Wednesday, students will be presented with a new graph or data table. After studying the model, they will
- ask clarifying questions
- draw conclusions from the data, including analyzing relationships between variables
- determine the purpose of the data
- infer limitations of the data (bias, sample size, etc.)
Topics range from human impact on the environment to physics. The purpose of these activities is not to have a full understanding of every topic presented, but rather to see what students can understand using the data presented. The questions that accompany the data are designed to be thought provoking and require students to predict, draw conclusions, and think critically about the data being presented.
Who is this science warm ups data analysis resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-12.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Use the slides individually as a warm up or closure activity.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest
- Exit tickets
- Use individual slides as a square on a Choice Board
- Scavenger hunt – Print slides and hide them around the room for students to find. Great for students who need to be moving!
- Fishing – Print all the slides and place them in a bowl. Have students come up and “fish” for a new question while throwing their old question back. This is a great activity for students who enjoy being hands on.
- Sticky Hands – (if you dare) let kids pick cards with sticky hands
- Have students pull a question answer it correctly to earn privileges like leave for lunch.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative. Answer key is included.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this science warm ups data analysis resource.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.
There are no reviews yet.