Interactive 25 slide presentation (In both PPT & Google Slides formats) covering the pros and cons of both sexual and asexual reproduction as well as some examples of where you can find each.
Includes an easy to fill in notes sheet (PDF) to help students summarize their learning.
- What is sexual reproduction
- What is asexual reproduction
- Benefits/Drawbacks to sexual reproduction
- Benefits/Drawbacks to asexual reproduction
- Means of sexual reproduction (animal behaviors + plant structures)
- Means of asexual reproduction (animal behaviors + plant structures)
Please find the link to the Google Slides version in the first slide of the PPT. If there are any issues, email me and I will help you get the file. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This presentation corresponds to the following NGSS standards:
- MS-LS1-4. Use argument based on empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support an explanation for how characteristic animal behaviors and specialized plant structures affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants respectively.
- MS-LS3-2. Develop and use a model to describe why asexual reproduction results in offspring with identical genetic information and sexual reproduction results in offspring with genetic variation.