Are you tired of teaching with presentations that look like they were probably created on a computer running Windows 95? Are you ready to move past the “sit and get” style of whole group instruction? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then this resource is for you!
I spent almost a decade fighting to keep students entertained. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and the kids were bored. I created this line of interactive lessons to solve that problem for myself and hopefully for you too.
Keep your students engaged and accountable with this interactive, versatile sexual and asexual reproduction presentation. Embedded frequently within these colorful slides are multiple stopping points that require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the information being presented.
There are a variety of softwares you can use (such as Nearpod and Peardeck) that connect to Google Slides to ensure student participation. Alternatively, you could also simply assign each student a copy of this presentation and have them type in the slides directly.
Similarly, I want resources that could be used in person, face to face, hybrid, and virtual. My Google Slides lessons are designed to be compatible with multiple styles of teaching, and are perfect for teaching, reteaching, or even sending to absent students.
The topics covered in this presentation include:
- What is sexual reproduction
- What is asexual reproduction
- Benefits/Drawbacks to sexual reproduction
- Benefits/Drawbacks to asexual reproduction
- Means of sexual reproduction (animal behaviors + plant structures)
- Means of asexual reproduction (animal behaviors + plant structures)
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It comprehensively covers the topics mentioned, and provides opportunities for student responses which can be implemented in a whole group lesson or assigned for homework.
How Can I use this Sexual and Asexual Reproduction Presentation?
- Emergency sub plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped classroom pre-reading
- Differentiation – assign this presentation as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of independent work for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction
- Use as a square on a choice board
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview images to see more of this resource.
Email me at email@example.com.
Visit my store for more on reproduction and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by this Sexual and Asexual Reproduction Presentation:
- MS-LS1-4. Use argument based on empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support an explanation for how characteristic animal behaviors and specialized plant structures affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants respectively.
- MS-LS3-2. Develop and use a model to describe why asexual reproduction results in offspring with identical genetic information and sexual reproduction results in offspring with genetic variation.