Get ready to learn with this great twins worksheet! Every year as I teach biology the subject of twins inevitably gets brought up. What are twins? How are they formed? Assign this easy to check guided reading to extend your students’ learning or as an introduction. Great for homework, reteaching, or sub plans!
Approximate Reading Level: 4-8th Grade
Vocabulary covered includes:
- egg, sperm
- identical twins
- fraternal twins
- twin studies in genetics
Updated to include an extension to support reading and interpreting graphs. (An NGSS Anchoring Practice of Scientists and Engineers)
Uses for this product:
- Ready to print Sub Plans
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – only assign graphing extension to higher achieving students
- Differentiation – assign this reading only to students who have been identified as requiring reteaching
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
Your purchase includes a PDF download with answer key in both color and black and white. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.