Do your students need practice for standardized tests? Do you need a way for students to review content while also checking for accuracy? If you answered yes to any of those questions then this resource is for you.
I created this line of color by number resources to help teachers, parents, and students by providing simple yet comprehensive practice on a variety of topics. The questions are designed to be rigorous and require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the content being presented.
The concept of this resource is simple: each answer choice has a color. At the end of the worksheet, students will color a design by matching the question numbers with the answer colors. If the picture doesn’t make “sense,” students know that there must be an error in their work.
Let’s get our students thinking, reading, and reviewing vocabulary with this color by number practice. Your purchase includes a PDF download that is perfect for pre-reading, homework and review, or even sending to absent students.
Topics covered in this resource include:
- Double Helix
- Purpose of DNA
- Location of DNA
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It provides a variety of practice covering the mentioned topics.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this coloring as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Formative or Summative assessment
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using thesesimple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color with answer key. Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.
NGSS STANDARDS COVERED BY THIS DNA COLOR BY NUMBER:
HS-LS1-1 Construct an explanation based on evidence for how the structure of DNA determines the structure of proteins, which carry out the essential functions of life through systems of specialized cells. Assessment does not include identification of specific cell or tissue types, whole body systems, specific protein structures and functions, or the biochemistry of protein synthesis.
There are no reviews yet.