This endangered and extinct species webquest is a great addition to any ecology unit!
Help your students dig deeper into ecosystems and how species affect one another with this web activity focused on endangered, extinct, and recovering species.
This resource is particularly focused on the human interventions and impacts on the environment and includes an additional section on overfishing (overhunting) and how we can maintain healthy populations and ecosystems.
Uses for this product:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as researching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
This endangered and extinct species webquest is primarily focused on the following 2 NGSS performance standards:
MS-LS2-1. Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence for the effects of resource availability on organisms and populations of organisms in an ecosystem.
MS-LS2-4. Construct an argument supported by empirical evidence that changes to physical or biological components of an ecosystem affect populations
Purchase includes editable (Keynote) and PDF versions.