Looking for an extension activity for your ecology unit? Do you need a straightforward activity that students can complete without too much teacher assistance? This endangered and extinct species webquest is the perfect resources for you!
Prompt your students to dig deeper into ecosystems and how species affect one another with this web activity focused on endangered, extinct, and recovering species.
This resource is particularly focused on the human interventions and impacts on the environment and includes an additional section on overfishing (overhunting) and how we can maintain healthy populations and ecosystems.
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It comprehensively covers the topics mentioned, and provides opportunities for student responses which can be implemented in a whole group lesson or assigned for homework. Ideal for classrooms with internet access and student devices.
Uses for this product:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as researching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Doc version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at .
Visit my store for more on ecology and hundreds of other teaching science resources.