Is lesson planning just too much on top of teaching on top of grading on top of classroom management on top of *ahem* living your life? Get all the guidance you need to teach a comprehensive, no-prep evolution unit either in person, hybrid, or virtual with my all inclusive evolution unit plan bundle!
This unit guide will save you time, engage your students, and wow your administrators! Unit overview, NGSS standards, and a pacing guide are all included with links to relevant resources to make planning a breeze.
This free unit guide covers:
- Unit Summary
- NGSS Standards Alignment
- Enduring Understandings
- Guiding Questions
- A brief description of all resources included in this bundle
- Suggested Pacing
- Key vocabulary with definitions
- Additional Resources
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9.
This resource is ideal for teachers who teach in person, online, or hybrid. Digital versions are included with all resources to make lesson planning a breeze!
How do I teach this unit?
Topics covered in this unit include:
- Natural Selection
- Punctuated Equilibrium vs. Gradualism
- Artificial Selection
Evidence for Evolution including:
- Comparative Anatomy (homologous, analogous, vestigial structures)
- Comparative Embryology
Key Features of this Unit:
- Can be implemented in person, hybrid, or virtual
- Several engaging Google Slides lessons
- Several guided reading resources for homework or class practice
- Project based learning
- Formative and summative assessment
This unit guide is a downloadable PDF with a link to a Google Docs version.
Please take a look at the individual product preview files to see more of the resources included in this bundle.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.