Are you working on transitioning from content based science to skills based science? Are your students struggling with NGSS? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this nature of science project is for you!
I designed this resource as an intro or a review of all the NGSS science and engineering practices. This 14 page booklet covers each of the following skills comprehensively:
1. Asking Questions and Defining Problems
2. Developing and Using Models
3. Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
4. Analyzing and Interpreting Data
5. Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking
6. Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
7. Engaging in Argument from Evidence
8. Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
The questions in this assessment are designed to be rigorous and require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the content being presented.
Upon the completion of this booklet, break the students into groups and have them create a poster or digital presentation summarizing the importance of one of the skills. Group requirement pages are included in your download.
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-12.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.