Looking for an extension activity for your engineering unit? Do you need a straightforward activity that students can complete without too much teacher assistance? This adaptive vs. assistive webquest is the perfect resource for you!
With this adaptive and assistive technology webquest, students will dive into several modern advancements in biomedical engineering and categorize each as either adaptive (changing the person permanently) or assistive (helping the person without changing them).
A quick introduction covers key vocabulary and how to determine the difference between adaptive and assistive technology.
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It comprehensively covers the topics mentioned, and provides opportunities for student responses which can be implemented in a whole group lesson or assigned for homework. Ideal for classrooms with internet access and student devices.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this webquest as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using thesesimple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Doc version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at email@example.com
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.
There are no reviews yet.