Looking for an extension activity for your geology unit? Do you need a straightforward activity that students can complete without too much teacher assistance? Skip note taking and empower your students with this Geologic time periods webquest!
In this activity, students will be assigned a period based on their birth month. Then, students will independently research the major features of that period and create some sort of presentation (up to teacher discretion, although some one pager templates are included) to show their learning.
Finally, all students will complete a graphic organizer using the information they gather from their peers.
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It comprehensively covers the topics mentioned, and provides opportunities for student responses which can be implemented in a whole group lesson or assigned for homework. Ideal for classrooms with internet access and student devices.
How Can I Use this Geologic Time Periods Webquest Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this webquest as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using thesesimple instructions.
- Student Research Questions Page
- Periods Graphic Organizer
- One Pager Templates
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Doc version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Check out our or email me at email@example.com.
NGSS STANDARDS COVERED BY THIS GEOLOGIC TIME PERIOD WEBQUEST:
There are no reviews yet.