Dive deeper into disorders of the human body systems with this engaging set of stations! With this resource, your students will investigate common maladies of the 12 different human body systems, investigating symptoms and treatment of each.
Each station includes a short reading describing a disorder of that system and several questions encouraging students to think deeply about the topic, including symptoms and treatment.
Topics covered include:
- Respiratory System: Asthma
- Digestive System: Celiac Disease
- Muscular System: Tendinitis
- Nervous System: Alzheimer’s disease
- Cardiovascular System: Hypertension
- Integumentary System: Eczema
- Skeletal System: Osteoporosis
- Endocrine System: Diabetes
- Lymphatic System: Lymphoma
- Urinary System: Kidney Stones
- Male Reproductive System: Prostate Cancer
- Female Reproductive System: Ovarian Cyst
Who is this Human Body Systems Common Disorders resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9.
How Can I Use this Human Body Systems Common Disorders Resource?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- Use the stations as a choice board
- An independent workstation in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunities to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this reading as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Differentiation – Assign this as a project for students already showing mastery.
- Creation of an Independent Work Packet for students who cannot be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print the entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these
- Assessment either formative or summative.
Your purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource, you will find a link to a student-friendly Google Slide version of the file. You can copy the file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Check out our or email me at email@example.com.