Using this photosynthesis and respiration graphic organizer, students will fill in a diagram, table, and several additional questions pertaining to photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and how their products and reactants are related.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Uses for this product:
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Differentiation – Assign this graphic organizer as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Extension activity for early finishers
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Assessment either formative or summative. You can provide the answers to this graphic organizer using a QR code or after students have verified that they’ve completed their work.
Visit my store for more on photosynthesis and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by this photosynthesis and respiration graphic organizer:
MS-LS1-6 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for the role of photosynthesis in the cycling of matter and flow of energy into and out of organisms. Emphasis is on tracing movement of matter and flow of energy. Assessment does not include the biochemical mechanisms of photosynthesis.
MS-LS1-7 Develop a model to describe how food is rearranged through chemical reactions forming new molecules that support growth and/or release energy as this matter moves through an organism. Emphasis is on describing that molecules are broken apart and put back together and that in this process, energy is released. Assessment does not include details of the chemical reactions for photosynthesis or respiration.