Save time with this volcanoes Google Form quiz! Need a quick way to provide feedback? Use this self grading relative dating comprehension Google form!
The questions in this 13 question assessment are designed to be rigorous and require students to predict, reflect, connect, and think critically about the content being presented.
Topics Covered in this Assessment:
- What is a geologist?
- Identifying and ordering layers
- Law of Superposition
- Intrusive relationships
- Cross-cutting relationships
Who is this relative dating comprehension resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It provides a variety of practice covering the mentioned topics.
This resource aligns with the text in this guided reading activity, so it is ideally used as a pre- or post assessment for that resource. That being said, the questions in this quiz are relatively general (and editable!) so anyone could use adapt this resource for use as a part of their volcanoes lesson.
How Can I Use this Resource?
- Formative or Summative assessment – Use the Google Forms version of this file to quiz your students and get automatic feedback!
- Warm Up/Bellringer activity
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Differentiation – Assign this quiz as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Use the questions individually as a warm up or closure activity
Purchase includes a printable PDF file that serves only to host the link to the Google Forms version of this file. The Google Form is self grading.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit my store for more on classroom management and hundreds of other teaching resources.