Looking for an extension activity for your mitosis unit? Do you need a straightforward activity that students can complete without too much teacher assistance? This cell cycle & mitosis webquest is the perfect activity
In this activity, students are guided through an introduction or review of the cell cycle and mitosis.
They’ll use one website to read about the general cell cycle with a focus on the cell’s activities in interphase. Then, they will watch an Amoeba sisters video to learn the purposes of cell division as well as an overview of the phases of mitosis.
Who is this resource for?
This resource can be used by classroom teachers, tutors, and parents of students in grades 6-9. It comprehensively covers the topics mentioned, and provides opportunities for student responses which can be implemented in a whole group lesson or assigned for homework. Ideal for classrooms with internet access and student devices.
How Can I Use this Mitosis Wequest?
- Emergency Sub Plans
- An independent work station in a set of stations
- Flipped Classroom pre-reading
- Whole or small group opportunity to model and teach Close Reading strategies and annotation
- Differentiation – Assign this webquest as reteaching for students who have yet to show mastery.
- Creation of Independent Work Packet for students who are not able to be present for direct instruction.
- Extension activity for early finishers or for students who show a special interest in the topic
- Use as a square on a Choice Board
- Interactive Notebooks: Print 2 pages in one and cut apart. Glue mini pages into notebooks with room for annotations on the side
- Interactive Notebooks: Print entire PDF as a mini booklet and add to notebooks using these simple instructions.
Purchase includes a printable PDF file in color. On page 2 of this resource you will find a link to a student friendly Google Slide version of this file. You will be able to copy this file and use it with Google Classroom or any other paperless initiative.
Please take a look at the preview file to see more of this resource.
Email me at
Visit my store for more on mitosis and hundreds of other teaching science resources.
NGSS Standards covered by this Mitosis Webquest:
There are no reviews yet.